I saw Shirley at the gym on Wednesday and she told me her left leg had been giving her alot of problems. It was always numb. I felt it. The temperature was cooler than her right leg, and her foot was so swollen. I prayed for her but kept thinking about her after I left the gym.
I really was not happy to see her in that condition. I was determined to pray for her everytime I went to the gym.
I arrived at the gym this morning and swiped my card at the reception. There was a man there talking to the receptionist. He looked a little familiar. I guessed that he was Barrie, the former trainer who came down with cancer and was now recovering. Shirley just spoke to me about him on Wednesday.
Shirley was with someone in her office so I started off on my workout but kept looking for the opportunity to go into her office to pray for her. Shortly after, I saw no one there so dashed into her office. I was a bit stunned to see there was a man sitting in a chair covered by her office door. It was Barrie.
Yikes, should I still pray for Shirley? Shirlz said hi to me, introduced me to Barrie and kind of ended the conversation but I just asked to pray for her. I looked over at Barrie to see if he was ok about it and he was. So I prayed for Shirley. Really felt the presence of God so strongly in that room it was awesome. Shirley said she felt hot all over and her heart was beating very fast. I knew God was doing something in her life.
I looked over at Barrie and decided to be bold and ask if I could pray for him. He said yes and explained he had leukaemia and was recovering from it. I asked if I could pray for his lungs and he said yes, because his insides were all messed up because of too many white blood cells in his body.
What happened next was beyond imagination. There were prophetic words and words of knowledge that spoke to Barrie about his specific health issues, his worries, the call of God on his life was released again and he also received inner healing.
It was a powerful powerful encounter of God's love for Barrie. After praying he started sharing his heart with me and began thanking God for His goodness and he proclaimed such a powerful prayer of thanksgiving to God.
It's been 3 hours since this encounter. I still am in awe at God's amazing and wonderful love for His children. Shirley and Barrie encountered God's love today. So did I.
No comments:
Post a Comment